The one-teacher one laptop policy is a new development obtained from the Ghanafeed point in the opposite directions.
Apparently, the government will absorb 70% of the total cost while teachers take the remaining 30% which they will conveniently have to pay within 12months in an installment plan.
What it means is that the laptop which goes for ₵1550 will see the government paying ₵1,085 of the unit price while the teachers pay ₵465 but will only pay ₵38.75 on monthly basis for a period of 12 months.
See the specs of the new laptops that will be distributed;
LAPTOP COST = GH¢1,550.00
70% DISCOUNT BY GOVERNMENT = GH¢1,085.00
30% CAGD 12 MONTHS INSTALLMENT DEDUCTIONS = GH¢465.00
GH¢465.00÷12 = GH¢38.75 (MONTHLY DEDUCTION)
All about the Teachers Mate 1(TM1) laptop
The TM1 is a world-class laptop built to inspire learning and superior performance. The TM1 is provisioned with a custom-built desktop application that delivers electronic learning and teaching contents presented in a user-friendly electronic format.
This makes learning fun and enables equitable access to teaching resources needed by teachers in rural and urban areas. The ebook and learning application is designed to work offline and online to accommodate the local peculiarities and challenges.
TM1 – An excellent lifestyle experience!
Intel Gemini lake-R Celeron N4020 11-2.8 Ghz RAM 4 GB
Solid State Drive 256GB
1366 x 768 pixels
USB 3.0 x1 +2.0x 2 ports
1x Micro SD card (up to 128GB)
1x Mimi HDMI
1xMicrophone/ 2x Stereo speakers 8R/TW
Wifi 802:1 b/g/h
Battery Pack Lithium-ion polymer Battery
Max Voltage 7.4V
AC Power Adaptor Input 100-240 VAC 50-60 Hz
Output Voltage 12.0 V 2.0A