ROB KARDASHIAN & BLAC CHYNA ENGAGED?

Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna

Model Blac Chyna’s latest post on Instagram had her followers with speculation that she is engaged to reality star boyfriend Rob Kardashian.

“YES !…!…!” the 27-year-old former exotic dancer posted early Tuesday, flashing a massive stone on her ring finger as her beau beamed in the background.

The pair embarked on their whirlwind romance earlier this year — despite the rumored objections of other members from 28-year-old Rob’s Calabasas clan — and have peppered social media with lovey-dovey posts.

The significance of Chyna’s new jewelry was not immediately confirmed, but many expect it means wedding bells will soon be ringing.

The excited snap comes after TMZ reported this weekend that the only male Kardashian child, long known for avoiding the spotlight his sister have embraced, had met Chyna’s mom Tokyo after she flew out to California.

Rob apparently got along with his potential future mother-in-law, with the outlet reporting that Tokyo thinks he’s “the one” for her daughter.

The former “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” fixture’s decision to propose may have been an easy one, since his gal pal recently made clear that she wanted him to put a ring on it.

“Rob, I am not playing with you, I want my eggs cracked,” she said in a Snapchat video. “That means I wanna have a baby. I want my name dropped. That means I wanna be married.”

Her relationship with Rob was reportedly first met with friction from his family, largely because of the twisted web of connections that previously linked her to the Kardashians.

Chyna dated and had a child with rapper Tyga before the 26-year-old got together with 18-year-old Kylie Jenner, Rob’s half-sister. She is also bosom buddies with Amber Rose, the ex of Kim Kardashian’s husband Kanye West.

However, the rocky beginning seems to have smoothed out at least somewhat, with martriach-cum-momager Kris Jenner telling an Australian radio show last month that the possible new addition to her family is a “really nice girl.”

Source: Nydailynews.com

LIL WAYNE TAKES UNIVERSAL MUSIC TO COURT

Lil Wayne freshIn his latest legal battle, Lil Wayne is taking Universal Music Group to court saying that the company owes him tens of millions of dollars for his work with Nicki Minaj, Drake and Tyga.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lil Wayne, born Dwayne Carter Jr., filed a lawsuit today (March 28) in the state of California claiming that UMG did not pay him for discovering and mentoring the three artists. He is seeking $40 million in damages and unpaid profits.

UMG reportedly funneled the money that was owed to Wayne back to itself to pay for the $100 million advance it paid to Cash Money Records, the label that Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Drake and Tyga are signed to. Cash Money is signed to Universal.

“Universal should be grateful and respectful to Lil Wayne for the millions of dollars in distribution fees and profits they have earned on the artists he brought to the company,” Lil Wayne’s lawyer, Howard E. King, says in a statement, “instead of seizing all of his profits on those artists in a desperate attempt to recoup the tens of millions of dollars they are owed by Cash Money Records.”

Lil Wayne signed his Young Money imprint, which houses the three rappers and himself, to Cash Money in 2003. The case documents say the two parties agreed the profits “would be divided 51% – 49% between Cash Money and Carter, and ownership of all the Young Money Label property, (e.g., master recordings, copyrights, intellectual property, good will) similarly would be owned 51% – 49% between Cash Money and Carter, respectively.”

The deal expired June 4, 2015 after multiple extensions.

SoundExchange is also named as a defendant in the case. The company is in charge of collecting and distributing royalties to the respective owners. Wayne claims the nonprofit is not doing its job.

“SoundExchange refuses to pay any of the money due to Young Money LLC and Carter individually based on Universal’s conflicting demand,” the lawsuit says.

Lil Wayne also has an ongoing lawsuit against Cash Money Records for $51 million, claiming the label is withholding Tha Carter V. He has threatened to take Nicki Minaj and Drake away from the parent label.

Source: Hiphopdx.com

CIARA’S BOYFRIEND PROPOSES TO HER AT THE BEACH

Ciara proposal 2Singer Ciara has said “yes” to her American football player boyfriend, Russell Wilson.

The Seattle Seahawks quarterback popped the all important question to Ciara during their vacation in the Seychelles Islands, and she delightedly said “yes”!

They both took to social media to announce the fantastic news. “She said Yes!!! Since Day 1 I knew you were the one. No Greater feeling… #TrueLove @Ciara”, Russell Wilson captioned a photo him on his feet proposing to Ciara.

Ciara on the other hand posted the same picture with this caption: “I Feel Complete. ❤️”

The two have made headlines with their relationship, after saying that due to their Christian beliefs, they would hold off on having s*x until after they’re married.

Source: NKONKONSA.com 

 

“I’M EMPOWERED BY MY SEXUALITY”- KIM KARDASHIAN

Kim Kardashian
Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardashian West is speaking out following a backlash that ensued when she shared nude photos of herself on social media.

“I don’t do drugs, I hardly drink, I’ve never committed a crime – and yet I’m a bad role model for being proud of my body?” Kardashian, 35, wrote on her website and app Tuesday in a post celebrating International Women’s Day. “It always seems to come back around to my sex tape. Yes, a sex tape that was made 13 years ago. 13 YEARS AGO. Literally that long ago. And people still want to talk about it??!”

She goes on to write she “lived through the embarrassment and fear,” but ultimately moved on, deciding that she shouldn’t have to continue to list her accomplishments to prove she is “more than something that happened 13 years ago,” referring to her sex tape with ex-boyfriend Ray J.

“I am empowered by my body. I am empowered by my sexuality. I am empowered by feeling comfortable in my skin,” she writes, going on to add, “It’s 2016. The body-shaming and slut-shaming – it’s like, enough is enough. I will not live my life dictated by the issues you have with my sexuality. You be you and let me be me.”

She also praises her family, saying she is “empowered” by husband Kanye West, “who is so accepting and supportive and who has given me a newfound confidence in myself.”

“He allows me to be me and loves me unconditionally,” she writes, before praising her female family members.

“The life lessons I’ve learned from my sisters, my mother and my grandmother, I will pass along to my daughter [North]. I want her to be proud of who she is. I want her to be comfortable in her body. I don’t want her to grow up in a world where she is made to feel less-than for embracing everything it means to be a woman.”

On Monday evening after sharing the photos, Kardashian went on a Twitter rant, taking on critics including Bette Midler and Piers Morgan.

Source: People.com

IDRIS ELBA’S SECOND EX-WIFE OPENS UP ABOUT ON PAINFUL BREAK UP

Idris Elba and Sonya Hamlin 2Second wife of UK born Hollywood Actor Idris Elba has opened up about how they got married secretly and their “painful” break up after four months.

The Son reports that Idris Elba’s secret second wife has been revealed as a US lawyer who ended the marriage after just four months.

Sonya Hamlin, now 44, claimed she was drunk when she and the Luther star wed at a Vegas chapel. The pair had a whirlwind romance and a friend said: “It’s a heartbreak story. She cared about him and when they broke up it tore her up.”

Idris, 43, had just finished his role as Stringer Bell in The Wire in 2005 when they were introduced by his manager, a college pal of Sonya. According to the sources Idris and Sonya broke up over whether or not to have children and his desire to move to L.A.

According to Sonya they called it quits after only four months after saying “I do!” because he wanted to focus on his acting career in L.A., while she was comfy making a solid career for herself as a successful lawyer on the east coast.

Elba and Hamlin had been living together in Maryland for a few weeks after he wrapped filming on The Wire. A source tells UK’s The Sun about the wild night they tied the knot in Las Vegas.

“I remember Idris. They were both very nice, not intoxicated or nothing crazy like that. They arrived at 5-6pm,” a source at the chapel says. “I recognised him because my brother’s a fan of The Wire. They were having a lot of fun. The person checking them in was joking about them marrying in Vegas and Idris was giving it back.”

The marriage lasted only two months before Hamlin filed for divorce. The Sun reports how the split was triggered by constant fighting over Idris wanting to live in Los Angeles.

“One of the reasons it ended was her practice was doing well here but Idris wanted to be in LA,” another source adds. “At some point he had a choice between being a husband or a heartbreaker. He chose his career over her.”

Sonya’s mother, Betty Hamlin, recalls her daughter’s heartbreak after she and Idris called it quits. “It was a very painful relationship.” Another friend adds, “It’s a heartbreak story. She cared about him and when they broke up it tore her up.”

Source: The Sun

Watch: CELINE DION PAYS EMOTIONAL TRIBUTE TO LATE HUSBAND

Celine Dion and husbandCeline Dion returned to singing at her Las Vegas residency Tuesday night, and the singer had an emotional breakdown on stage during her tribute to her late husband.

Celine Dion decided to incorporate a ten minute tribute to her husband into her show going forward, and it was a very emotional experience for the grieving talent, on her return to Cesar’s Palace.

“Through my life, I only had highs from my husband, who sat out here night after night,” she told the crowd. “People thought that I was looking at him, but I didn’t need to. Because every time I closed my eyes, I felt René on stage with me, whether he was seated in his seat right there, in the balcony, backstage, or at home with the kids.”

“He’s always been onstage with me, and nothing will ever change that.”

The tribute included a montage of photos and videos of her late 73 year old husband, including ones with her and her family. Dion went on to describe how her late husband, who was also her manager and mentor, always pushed her to be the best she could be.

“Rene was my very best critic. He never told me what I wanted to hear, he told me what I needed to hear.

“You know, night after night on our way back home from the show, when he was so silent, I could sense that he was trying to know how to approach me without hurting my artistic feeling. But there were things that he had to tell me for my own growth,”

She went on to describe how her husband treated her like royalty, despite many years of being together.

“Rene is the only man that I have known all my life. He always made me feel that we were on our first date,” she said.

“Never talking bluntly, and always impressing himself in a soft and gentle way.” She added.

The singer, who broke down during her performance of ‘All By Myself’, went on to a strong finish, to rapturous applause from the crowd.

Celine Dion would hold the tribute before all her shows at least until mid-March, when she goes on hiatus.

The singer lost her husband, Rene Angélil, on the morning of Thursday January 14; when he passed away from throat cancer, a condition he battled for over a decade. The 73 year old for several years served not only as the talented singer’s husband, but her mentor and manager as well; before the extremities of his condition curtailed his role.

 

IDRIS ELBA MAKES HISTORY AT 2016 SAG AWARDS

Abraham Attah and Idris Elba at 2016 SAG Awards
Abraham Attah and Idris Elba at 2016 SAG Awards

Idris Elba should not only be celebrating his double-win at the 2016 Screen Actors Guild(SAG) Awards, but he must also raise a glass to the fact that he just made history!

Not only is he the very first male to take home two SAG trophies in one night, but he is also the first black person to do so, too.

Elba accepted the award for Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture for Beasts of No Nation as well as the trophy for Best Male Actor in a Television Movie or Mini Series for Luther.

As well as making history, the wins come during a very important time in Hollywood, following the controversy surrounding the all-white Oscars nominations.

Many people felt Elba was snubbed for a nominee as Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture at this year’s Academy Awards. Thus, his two SAG wins are definitely a huge accomplishment, giving him an appropriate nod of success.

In fact, Elba even told E! News earlier in the night that a SAG Award is “better than any other award.”

“The SAG Awards are good because it’s my peers,” he told us.

“We all work hard and everyone respects each other. It’s nice to get that nod from everyone,” he said.

“When I first got my SAG card, that was the biggest moment of my life. It’s better than any award when you get that moment.”

Source: Eonline

 

TYRA BANKS WELCOMES SON

Tyra Banks
Tyra Banks

Former supermodel and beauty entrepreneur Tyra Banks and boyfriend, Norwegian photographer Erik Asla, have welcomed a son, York Banks Asla, via gestational surrogate, her rep confirms to PEOPLE.

“We are so excited for our new baby boy bundle of joy. The journey to now has not been an easy process, as I’ve shared before. But there was a beautiful bright light at the end of the tunnel for me and his father, Erik,” she tells PEOPLE in an exclusive statement.

“As I gaze into the beautiful eyes of my son, I think about all the people who struggle with fertility or carrying a child and continue to pray for them every day. My hopes and dreams are filled with well wishes that they get to feel what my little treasure, York Banks Asla, feels like in my arms.”

The new mom announced the arrival of her baby boy on Instagram, alongside a photo of a newborn hospital hat.

“The best present we worked and prayed so hard for is finally here,” Banks, 42, writes. “He’s got my fingers and big eyes and his daddy Erik’s mouth and chin.”

She adds, “As we thank the angel of a woman that carried our miracle baby boy for us, we pray for everyone who struggles to reach this joyous milestone. York Banks Asla, welcome to the world.”

Banks previously opened up about her infertility struggles, revealing that she had undergone IVF procedures in hopes of conceiving.

“When I turned 40, the one thing I was not happy about is that I did not have kids,” she told PEOPLE. “When you’re like, ‘Okay, I’m just going to do it,’ then it’s not so easy as you get older.”

Source: People.com

CÉLINE DION CANCELS LAS VEGAS SHOWS DUE TO HUSBAND’S DEATH

Celine Dion and hubbyCéline Dion has cancelled her concerts in Las Vegas following the death of her husband René Angélil.

“With heavy hearts, we regret to inform you that Celine performances Saturday, Jan. 16 and Sunday, Jan. 17 at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace have been cancelled,” a statement read on Dion’s website.

Angélil, who guided his wife’s career as her manager and mentor, died on Thursday. “Rene Angelil, 73, passed away this morning at his home in Las Vegas after a long and courageous battle against cancer,” his rep confirmed to PEOPLE.

Dion, 47, has tentatively scheduled her return to The Colosseum on February 23. “All of us at AEG and at Caesars Palace have Celine and her children in our thoughts and prayers,” the statement added.

Angélil had battled three bouts of throat cancer, leading Dion to put her career on hold multiple times to care for her husband’s ongoing health issues. Angélil’s cancer returned in 2014, following the removal of a tumor in December 2013, after previously being diagnosed with throat cancer in 1999.

After taking a year-long hiatus from her Las Vegas show to care for her husband, Dion resumed her residency with a revamped show in August.

Source: People.com

OBAMA INVITES HIS FAVORITE RAPPER TO THE WHITE HOUSE

Obama meets Kendrick Lamar
Obama meets Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar’s big year in 2015 included a White House visit with President Obama, according to one of the president’s top aides.

In a video posted yesterday for Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper mentoring initiative, Lamar describes the meeting. “I sat down with President Barack Obama…topics concerning the inner cities, the problem, the solutions, and furthermore embracing the youth, both being aware that mentoring saves lives.” Watch it above.

President Barack Obama recently named Kendrick Lamar’s “How Much A Dollar Cost” from To Pimp A Butterfly his favourite track of 2015, so it’s only right that the two got to meet up in the Oval Office.

The visit was revealed by Senior Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett on Buzzfeed’s Another Round podcast, The Hill reports. It took place in October, when Kendrick performed a reworked version of Butterfly with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center. (You can read our review here, and watch some clips here.)

Jarrett didn’t discuss much of their meeting (maybe their respective appearances on Fox News?), but she did describe how Obama put the nervous Lamar at ease.

“He came and he visited the president, and you know what the president said to him? [Because] he was a little nervous — bless his heart, he’s really a very nice young man, and the president said, “Can you believe that we’re both sitting in this Oval Office?”

Source: Thefader.com