covid-19 updates: GHANA NOW HAS 16 CONFIRMED CASES, 8 RECOVERING

The Ghana Health Service (GHS) has confirmed five (5) new people have tested positive to the coronavirus in Accra.

This raises the overall infection in the country to 16.

According to a statement issued by the Disease Surveillance Department of the GHS, the confirmed cases include 3 males and 2 females all residing in the Greater Accra Region.

Five (5) new confirmed cases on the 19th March 2020. All five were reported from Greater Accra Region.

29-year-old Ghanaian lady; resident of Accra; no history of travel; sample confirmed positive in the laboratory

34-year-old Ghanaian lady resident of Accra; contact of a confirmed case at place of work; sample confirmed positive in the laboratory.

53-year-old Ghanaian male, resident of Tema; no history of travel, no evidence of close contact with confirmed case; sample confirmed positive in the laboratory

41-year-old Ghanaian male; arrived in Ghana by KLM on the 15 March 2020; indicated exposure with family members in Amsterdam exhibiting respiratory symptoms and also on the flight with some passengers sneezing and coughing; sample confirmed positive in the laboratory.

36-year-old Ghanaian male; resident of Paris, France; date of arrival in Ghana unconfirmed; no evidence of contact with infected person;

This brings to a total of sixteen (16) confirmed cases in Ghana, with no death.

Contact tracing has been initiated in all these confirmed cases.

Meanwhile, Eight Ghanaians who contracted the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) are recovering, a highly placed government official has told kasapafmonline.com.

As at Friday, March 20, 2020, Ghana has confirmed and recorded 16 cases of the coronavirus. Considering the number of recorded cases, it means 50 percent of victims are recovering.

The Minister of Health, Kwaku Agyemang Manu in an interview with Joy News confirmed that some patients are indeed recovering.

“As at yesterday, they were all very stable, some of them I will say are even recovering. There are two of them we are treating at home we don’t see any signs again but we may need to do some tests before we discharge them fully. But so far we don’t have anybody who’s critically ill or severely ill. Illness is mild but you see some of them like they are becoming very normal people.”

President Akufo Addo last Sunday announced the shut down of all educational institutions – universities, second cycle schools and basic schools effective, March 16, 2020, until further notice in the wake of the outbreak of the deadly COVID-19.

However, BECE and WASSCE candidates will be allowed to prepare for their examination under prescribed social distancing protocols.

All public gatherings, including conferences, workshops, funerals, political rallies, sporting events, such as services in churches and mosques have been suspended for the next four weeks.

Private burials are however permitted but with limited numbers not exceeding 25 people in attendance.

He reiterated that travel bans announced are still in force.

GOVERNMENT WILL NOT PAY ANY CELEBRITY TO BE CORONAVIRUS AMBASSADOR – Minister of Information

The Minister of Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has denied claims that government is going to pay celebrities to become covid-19 ambassadors.

According to him, even though they are seeking to work with people who are influential on social media to help disseminate information on the pandemic, the intention is not to employ and pay them.

“Government doesn’t intend to pay any celebrity to go out there to become ambassadors for COVID-19. I mentioned in our meeting with the GJA, NMC etc. that we were also thinking of having persons with large following share our messages,” he said.

Ghana has recored 9 positive cases of the novel coronavirus so far.

Whilst the President Nana Akuffo-Addo has placed an embargo on all public gatherings including funerals, festivals and church activities as part of measures to stop the spread of novel coronavirus across the country, some celebrities have also stepped up to help by sharing safety measures with their followers on social media.

JOHN DUMELO PROMISES ‘ONE STUDENT, ONE SCHOLARSHIP’

Affable Ghanaian actor and Politician, John Dumelo has revealed one of his major plans for his constituents, if he is voted as member of parliament.

The “Baby Thief” actor in an exclusive interview with Ola Michael on Neat FM’s Entertainment GH, said he will give scholarships to brilliant but needy students within his constituency If voted into power.

The Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC Parliamentary candidate stated that his educational policy for his people is ‘One Student One Scholarship’.   

He explained that he will make sure every student in his constituency has access to quality education as far as he is member of parliament for the area.

Asked how he will finance his ‘One Student One Scholarship’ policythe hopeful and optimistic John Dumelo stated that he piloted this policy way back in 2012 so it won’t be difficult for him to deliver his promise adding that he has being financing scholarships for students since 2012 with money from his John Dumelo foundation.

John Dumelo emphasized that education, sanitation and security are his top priority for him as an aspiring Member of Parliament.

Source: Eugene Osafo-Nkansah/Peacefmonline.com

“IT IS AN ACTING POSITION” – Nana Aba Anamoah Confirms New Position At Gh One TV

Nana Aba Anamaoah has risen through the ranks of television broadcasting and she has now landed at the top.

The highly decorated Ghanaian Journalist who shot to the limelight as a news reporter for TV3 before reading the news on TV, has now been appointed the acting General Manageress of EIB’s Gh One TV.

Before Nana Aba’s appointment, she was serving as the news editor in chief for the TV station when she joined the Ridge-based media outfit in 2015 after EIB purchased the entertainment TV station and re-branded it to a 360 channel that produces political and current affairs news among others.

Nana Aba, who recently received a masters education from GIMPA and a one week executive learning from Harvard University, confirmed her appointment on Twitter after reports surfaced that she is now the general manager of Gh One TV.

Reacting to one of the posts, she clarified that her role is to serve in an acting capacity. Replying a post congratulating her, she wrote “Lol ei I beg. It is an ACTING POSITION”.

MEN WITH BIG BALLS ARE POTENTIAL CHEATERS – Singer Stephanie Benson Reveals

Songstress Stephanie Benson has advised women to check the size of the balls of their spouses to know if they are cheats or otherwise

According to her own way of ascertaining this, men who have bigger balls are not faithful and are prone to cheating in their relationship or marriages.

However, men with small-sized balls do not cheat and are very faithful to their spouses to the end urging women to go for such persons instead.

“How you can tell from your Man s Ball that he will be a Cheater. This is for single ladies. But the married ones pls contribute”, tweeted with a video explaining herself.

She mentioned that her husband has small balls hence he has been faithful throughout their marriage till now.

“YOU ARE ENVIOUS OF EVERYONE…PEOPLE LIKE YOU END UP MISERABLE” – Funny Face Tells Lilwin

Comedian Funny Face has hit a fellow funny man Lilwin hard after Lilwin accused Ghana Movie Awards organisers of stealing his award for Funny Face.

Funny who is undoubtedly unhappy with colleague Kwadwo Nkansah Lilwin after the latter vehemently expressed discontent with organisers of the Ghana Movie Awards for adjudging the former Favorite Actor in the 2019 edition of the scheme.

“Does Funny Face deserve a favourite actor? Do you know why his career has gone down the drain?” he asked while stressing is it unfathomable for Funny Face to have won instead of him (Lilwin) or Akrobeto.

Taking to his Instagram page to respond to the remarks, Funny Face hurled insults at Lilwin. He suggested that Lilwin’s constant criticism of his victory is an indication the Kumasi-based actor hates him to the core.

“You’re so envious of everybody, you wish everything in this world is yours. People like you end up miserable in life. You’re in so much pain,” Funny Face jabbed.

“You have fought everyone around you. Now you wanna bring it on Funny Face. Don’t bring your evil eyes and deed on me. How long have you been in this industry? Fool! Your own evil plans will kill you,”, he slammed further.

GHONE TV OFF AIR AS WORKERS BOYCOTT WORK DUE TO UNPAID SALARIES

GHOne Television’s camera executives have reportedly refused to work Tuesday morning due to unpaid salaries.

According reports by theghanareport.com camera technicians who showed up at work on Tuesday morning February 18, 2020, boycotted the station’s breakfast show and other programmes.

Sources at GHOne TV, a subsidiary of the EIB Network say its Chief Executive, Kwabena Anokye Adisi, popularly known as Bola Ray, went into a meeting with the employees to resolve the matter.

The workers are protesting delay in payment of salary. A worker who spoke to Nkonkonsa.com on condition of anonymity has confirmed that some of the employees are owed up to six to nine months salary arrears.

This is, however, the first time employees of the company have boycotted work despite earlier threats to do so. EIB Network for the past two years has been grappling with some financial challenges hence its difficulty in paying salaries of employees.

The company has seen most of its employees resign over poor conditions of work. At the time of filing this report, the station was still off air.

GHOne TV has been a welcome addition to Ghana’s media pluralism. The TV station has produced award-winning reporters with its brand of journalism that combines news and entertainment.

 

I REJECTED TOYOTA CAMRY & IPHONE OFFERS FROM SUGAR MUMMIES – Fameye Reveals

Musician Fameye real name Peter Bozah has disclosed that countless sugar mummies have given him several offers just to be in a relationship with him but he denied every single one of their juicy offers.

According to the ‘Nothing I Get’ hitmaker he been offered several things including a Toyota Camry, iPhone and huge among of money by a sugar mummy for a relationship but he rejected it. He said he declined the all the offers because he is faithful to his girlfriend.

“I have never cheated on my girlfriend. Ladies coming into my inbox is normal. some sugar mummies from abroad once offered me a Camry and an iPhone. I don’t even remember if I replied her or not. Even though it was at the earlier stage of my music career, I did not accept it because I knew where it will end in the long run,” he said on Happy FM.

Fameye is out now with a new single titled “Obolo” featuring Mr. Eazi and he disclosed that he will be out with a new EP titled ‘take me do’, which is the literal translation of his stage name, Fameye.

 

HYPOCRITICAL GHANAIANS ARE NOW CALLING KOFI-B A LEGEND – Tic Vents His Anger

Veteran rapper Tic has called out Ghanaians, for showing love to Kofi B after his death.

Ghanaians woke up to the sad news of the death of the ace highlife musician Kofi B, early Sunday morning, February 2, 2020, after a short illness.

When the news broke, many Ghanaians took to social media to share their grief and shock over the death of the musician, with many calling him a legend in the music industry.

But Tic, a friend of the late musician is not enthused with the sudden show of love for the late Kofi B.

According to him, the last time he went for a show with the musician he was not treated with respect, something he complained bitterly about. He said he was surprised that somebody who was treated with such disrespect will suddenly be referred to as a legend when he is no longer alive.

“For some hours now, I have been very sad about the unfortunate demise of my paddy… clearly it has been very difficult to even post anything about his death to show my concern because already I know he’s mad at the sudden titles and tags received from Ghanaians.

The last time we met at a show he was not treated with respect, and he was bitter to the extent that he complained about his unfair treatment meted out to him in the industry, now that he’s gone we are heaping all the praises on him, calling him legend and all that.

I had recently just asked him to write me a song Aawwwwww RIP Kofi Yaw Dompr3 one can never tell the operations of death,” Tic wrote on Instagram.

Kofi Boakye Yiadom, known widely as Kofi B, was known for hit songs such as ‘Koforidua Flowers’, ‘Mobrowa’ ‘Akua Atta’ among others.

YVONNE NELSON BLASTS PRESIDENT AKUFO-ADD0 FOR TURNING AMBULANCE DISTRIBUTION INTO FUNFAIR

Actress, Yvonne Nelson has called out President Nana Akufo-Addo for turning government’s long over due responsibility into funfair.

According to the sexy screen diva it was absolutely unnecessary for the presidency to design fliers about simple commissioning and distribution of the ambulance.

The actress and movie producer stated that the ambulances should have been distributed long ago to help save our dying health system. So if after so many years they are finally performing their responsibilities, there was no need to politicise it.

In a tweet Yvonne Nelson said the Ghanaians have lost if they see nothing wrong with the designing posters for the commissioning and distribution of the ambulances.

She wrote

“How on earth are we designing posters for the commissioning and distribution of OUR ambulances that should have been sent ages ago to help save Ghanaians! Enough of the POSTERS. This aint a MOVIE! Our Health system sucks! We’ve lost our way!”.

Yvonne’s comments come after President Nana Addo shared a purposely designed artwork ahead of the commissioning and  distribution of ambulances.

Sharing photos from a special ceremony on the President’s official social media platforms, he wrote:

“On Tuesday, 28th January, 2020, I commissioned and presented 307 brand new, state-of-the-art ambulances, fitted with advanced life support equipment and tracking devices, to be distributed to 275 constituencies, i.e. 1-Constituency-1-Ambulance, to be managed by the National Ambulance Service, and the remainder of 32 ambulances to the headquarters of the Service. This is the single largest presentation of ambulances made to the Ghana Ambulance Service, since its establishment in 2004.

As against the scenario whereby 1 ambulance served approximately 524,000 people at the end of December 2016, today, we have a much-improved ratio of 1 ambulance serving approximately 84,000 people.”

President Akufo-Addo commissioned and distributed 307 brand new ambulances at a well-publicised ceremony at the Independence Square On Tuesday, 28th January, 2020. The ceremony was covered across the media landscape in Ghana.

Source: NKONKONSA.com