MY ATTACKS ON THE LATE FENNEC OKYERE WERE ALL PLANNED ‘BEEF’ WITH HIM – Bulldog Reveals

Artiste Manager, Bulldog has disclosed that his verbal attacks on late Fennec Okyere on radio and vice versa were planned just to gain notoriety as artiste managers.

Bulldog after the death of Fennec Okyere was the prime suspect because he was one of the guys who threatened him on national television and on radio leading to his arrest.

But speaking on UTV last Saturday monitored by MyNewsGh.com, Bulldog said the missiles they threw at each other were just a move to remain relevant as artistes managers in order also promote their artistes.

He said anytime they went on radio, they took a stance and agreed on the tangent each one should take in order for it to look like they disagree with each other.

Bulldog further revealed that there were times that if he does not appear on the same show, Fennec will call him and brief him on the attacks thrown at him so he could also prepare and do the same on any show he also appears on.

The Chief Executive Officer of Bullhaus noted that because people were not aware of all these arrangements that’s why they blamed him for killing Fennec Okyere.

“I had a friend Fennec Okyere who was also an artiste manager. They said I was the prime suspect when he was killed. We had a planned “beef” to remain relevant as artistes managers but we were friends. What we used to do was if we are going on radio, we discuss the tangent both sides will go so that we can attack each other and create a perception in the minds of the people. Sometimes even when I’m not on the show he will attack me and later call me to tell me what transpired so that if i also appear on another show I can fire him too.”

LEGENDARY GUINEAN MUSICIAN MORY KANTÉ DIES AGED 70

African singer Mory Kante has died aged 70 in Guinea.

The star was credited with bringing African music to world audiences with hits including Yeke Yeke.

He died in hospital on Friday May 22, 2020 in the Guinea capital, Conakry, and the sad news was confirmed his son Balla Kanté.

Balla told the AFP news agency his father died from health problems which had been left untreated due to the coronavirus outbreak.

He said: “He suffered from chronic illnesses and often travelled to France for treatment but that was no longer possible with the coronavirus. We saw his condition deteriorate rapidly, but I was still surprised because he’d been through much worse times before”. 

Mory Kanté born on 29 March 1950 was a Guinean vocalist and player of the kora harp. He was best known internationally for his 1987 hit song “Yé ké yé ké”, which reached number-one in Belgium, Finland, the Netherlands, and Spain. The album it came from, Akwaba Beach, was the best-selling African record of its time.

Born in a famous family of “griots” – West African musicians and storytellers – he had been nicknamed “the electronic griot”, and was known as a distinguished player of kora – a west African harp.

His song Yéké Yéké became a huge hit in the late 1980s and was widely remixed.

 

EVANGELIST ”APRAKU MY DAUGHTER” HAS DIED

Renowned Evangelist, Emmanuel Kwaku Apraku, popularly called “Apraku My Daughter”, has died.

Prophet Kumchacha confirmed the news in an interview with Nana Yaa Konadu on Peace FM’s ”Wohaw Ne Sen”.

A video of Evangelist ”Apraku My Daughter” sudden transformation into a drunkard went viral on social media.

The preacher was spotted in the viral video walking around looking intoxicated.

Following the viral video, gospel singer Sonnie Badu today posted on his Instagram that he would want to offer help to the preacher.

”David saw Saul and said I will not touch God’s anointed. Where do we find this man? I don’t know him, but we will help him…@nana_amoakoadjei son @pritieyra daughter please find him…He is still Gods servant…hold on sir, help is on the way….“, Sonnie Badu wrote.

But according to Prophet Kumchacha, who was speaking from the home of the renowned man of God at Kasoa in Accra, the Evangelist Apraku went to sleep last night and failed to wake up from his slumber.

He said the family made attempts to wake him up today but later found out that the evangelist has passed away.

The eye witnesses suspect the preacher may have committed suicide but the actual cause of his death is unknown.

Source: NKONKONSA.com 

TENANTS BRUTALLY ASSAULT GHANAIAN ACTRESS ELLA MENSAH’S AUNTY

Aunty of Ghanaian actress Ella Mensah, Joyce Dankwa has been brutally assaulted by her co-tenants at Lapaz in Accra.

Mrs. Joyce Dankwa sustained serious injuries all over her body following an attack by her co-tenants named Kofi Ntim and his wife Akua Dufie with the wife allegedly pouncing on her and beating her to pulp.

Mrs. Dankwa has lived with Kofi Ntim and Akua Dufie in the same house for years but they have not had a good relationship.

She disclosed that the co-tenants have been accusing her of being a witch.

“Our issues began when I came to live in the house. Kofi Ntim and Akua Dufie have not been comfortable staying with me and has on countless times made petty complaints and arguments about how I want to let the landlord eject them from the house. They also accuse me of bewitching them. I have not done anything bad to them but they incessantly keep accusing me of things I know nothing about. I remember a time came that Akua Dufie and her husband said if anybody dares to get them out of the house, they will kill that person. So, we have our issues but this assault happened on Monday when I was going to the bath house,” she said in an interview with Peacefmonline.com.

Narrating the incident which occurred on Monday, May, 4, 2020, the victim revealed she returned from town and was in her room when Akua Dufie came out from her apartment shouting at her because she (Dufie) had seen an animal dung in the house.

She continued that the co-tenants have been verbally abusing her but she has done her best to avoid any altercations with them until last Monday when she was going to take her bath that Akua Dufie suddenly swooped down on her and swore to ‘kill’ her.

“She said there was something on the floor in the house that she believes is juju and that I have planted it there against them. I didn’t pick a quarrel with her but went to sweep the dung away and went back to my room. This was last Saturday. On Monday morning, I was going to take my bath but realized Dufie was in the bath house and as result I decided to go some place else where I could bathe. I was fetching water from a barrel when all of sudden, she pounced on me and sank my head deep in the water, and started casting aspersions that she will kill me before they (Dufie and her husband) go to their grave. I was suffocating and in attempt to defend myself, I struggled with her till I slipped and fell on the ground. She didn’t stop but beat me up aggressively.”

Ella Mensah’s aunty further told Peacefmonline that her assailant used a metal rod to repeatedly strike her and it had to take the intervention of some rescuers to stop the bloody assault on her.

The assault victim also disclosed she will have to undergo plastic surgery due to the degree of injuries inflicted on her.

She has filed a complaint with the Tesano Police Station and Kofi Ntim and her wife Akua Dufie will be arraigned before court on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 for justice to take its course.

Peacefmonline.com also spoke with actress Ella Mensah who is currently in America because of the closure of Ghana’s borders due to CODID-19, and she expressed her anger and how inhumane some people can be. Ella has vowed to do everything in her power to make sure those who assaulted her aunty are punished.

Ella however added that she has been communicating with officers in charge of the case at the Tesano Police station and they seem to be dragging their feet and being reluctant in handling her aunty’s case but she would make sure her aunty gets justice.

GH¢50K BET PLACED ON ENO BARONY TO BEAT ANY MALE RAPPER WHO IS READY TO BATTLE

Artiste Manager Bulldog is putting his money on female rapper Eno Barony to defeat any male rapper who dares to face her in a battle.

According to him, none of the current crop of rappers has the fortitude to face the rap prowess of Eno.

For some days now, Sista Afia has ignited a lot of controversy after the release of her song ‘WMT’ on April 22.

While Sista Afia did not mention names, some people have concluded that she took jabs at Sister Derby, Wendy Shay, and Efia Odo in the song.

The song saw counter jabs and reactions from Freda Rhymz (released ‘KMT’), and Eno (released ‘Rap Goddess’).

Sista Afia released ‘You Got Nerves’ after that, prompting Eno to also drop ‘Argument Done’. Freda Rhymz, who didn’t want to be left out of the beef party, also released ‘Point of Correction’.

While the females are having a go at each other, Bulldog, who manages dancehall act Shatta Wale, has stressed that the female rappers are not Eno’s competition.

Speaking on Showbiz 927 on 3FM with MzGee, the artiste manager noted that the female rapper is even better than 97% of male rappers in Ghana currently.

“Eno, I have said countless times, she is better than 97% of the boys. Don’t even bring the women to start with…” he said.

Bulldog explained that with the exception of Obrafour, Okyeame Kwame, Lord Kenya, Tinny, and Kwad3e, Eno is better than the rest.

“Somebody will say oh me I be guy so I no go battle girl but you try bring your head, the girl will end your career,” he dared any male rapper.

To prove his confidence in the female rapper, Bulldog placed a GH¢50,000 bet on Eno to beat any male rapper who faces her in a battle.

“I can put money on it so they battle…I have my money on Eno.”

Born Lawrence Nana Asiamah-Hanson, Bulldog noted that Eno has been more consistent with her rap than male rappers today and his only worry is that the males won’t be clean when they face her in a beef.

“If Eno went head-to-head with somebody like M.anifest, M.anifest will be clean [unlike other rappers’.”

NAA ASHORKOR SACKED FROM MULTIMEDIA GROUP

Ghanaian actress and media personality, Naa Ashorkor Mensah-Doku has announced her departure from the Multimedia Group.

Naa Ashorkor, who hosted Joy FM’s Showbiz A-Z and a ladies talk show, Strong and Sassy, wrote on Facebook Wednesday that her contract with the media group had been terminated effective Tuesday, May 5.

Describing the termination of her appointment as both good and bad news, Naa Ashokor wrote: “I have got Good news and bad news everyone! With immediate effect as of yesterday, my now former employers, Multimedia Group, terminated my appointment. That’s the bad news.” 

“Now for the good news, such situations only give my God the opportunity to show up.

It’s not an easy time to be out of a regular and steady income. We are not in normal times, but hey, I would like to use this opportunity to encourage everyone who has lost their job or income during these difficult times to not lose hope,” she added.

She also exhibited her faith and trust in God as a child of God.

“Hope is an amazing thing that gives us the ability to stand and trust God in such difficult circumstances. Don’t lose hope”

“Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans. I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

“Stay tuned for some more news soon,” she added.

Naa Ashokor joined the multimedia group in 2017 after leaving GHOne where she hosted a ladies talk show, Tales from the Powder Room.

Read her full post:

I have got Good news and bad news everyone!
With immediate effect as of yesterday, my now former employers, Multimedia Group, terminated my appointment. That’s the bad news.
Now for the good news, such situations only give my God the opportunity to show up.
It’s not an easy time to be out of a regular and steady income. We are not in normal times, but hey, I would like to use this opportunity to encourage everyone who has lost their job or income during these difficult times to not lose hope.
Hope is an amazing thing that gives us the ability to stand and trust God in such difficult circumstances. Don’t lose hope.
Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans. I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Stay tuned for some more news soon.

CLOSURE OF GHANA BORDERS EXTENDED FOR A MONTH – President Akufo-Addo

President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has announced that the closure of Ghana’s borders have been extended for a month.

” . . government has taken the decision to extend further the closure of our borders for a month effective 1 am on Monday 4th May until Sunday 31st May,” he said.

The President who was addressing workers in a virtual May Day celebration on Friday, held at the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) indicated that “we have no option than to keep our borders closed until we are confident that we have put in place measures to prevent travellers from importing the virus. These restrictions cannot and will not be a permanent feature of our lives but they are for now essential features of our lives”.

Meanwhile, President Akufo-Addo has applauded workers for their contributions towards nation-building.

“We recognize and appreciate the efforts and sacrifices they have made towards the construction of the happy and prosperous Ghana we seek, and, on this day, I say Ayekoo to each one of you…We recognize and appreciate the efforts and sacrifices they have made towards the construction of the happy and prosperous Ghana we seek, and, on this day, I say Ayekoo to each one of you,” he added.

Ghana’s Covid-19 case count

Ghana on Thursday recorded 403 more cases of Covid-19, taking the tally to 2,074.

According to the Ghana Health Service (GHS) 212 people have recovered from the disease and 17 have passed away.

Greater Accra still has the highest cases of the disease with 1,795 infections.

Ashanti has 99, Eastern 70, Central 21, Oti, 19 and Upper East 19.

Volta region has 16 cases, Northern 13, Upper West, 10, Western 9, North East 2, and Western North 1.

Source: Peacefmonline.com

“YOU WOULD BE AN EWE IF YOU WERE A GHANAIAN” – Stonebwoy Tells Keri Hilson

Ghana’s award winning Afro-Dancehall Singer Stonebwoy went live on instagram with American Singer Keri Hilson, yesterday Sunday April 26, 2020 to speak about his new album “Anloga Junction”.

During the live session a fan asked “If you a Ghanaian what tribe would you be?”

Stonebwoy answered saying “You should be Ewe. You look like an Ewe girl or I think a Fante girl somehow”.

He later admitted that because he an Ewe himself, he would tribalistic and selfish and say that she would have been an Ewe lady.

“Right now I have to be tribalistic and selfish so I think you are going to be an Ewe girl if you were a Ghanaian”, he said.

During the pair’s interaction with their fans, Rihanna’s name popped up in the conversation.

A fan asked Keri which other female artiste would she recommend to collaborate with Stonebwoy after her experience of working with him and she said: “I’d love to hear you and Rihanna”.

She explained, “She is like she kills that vibe so effortlessly. You know she’s from the Islands, from Barbados, so I think it will really be cool hearing y’all two voices on record”.

Stonebwoy agreed with her in excitement “Oh yes! And it will even be colder hearing the three of us on a song”.

The Ghanaian dancehall act featured the American singer on “Nominate” a song on his new “Anloga Junction” album, which was released last Friday, 24th April 2020.

Watch the live session below:

PEOPLE ARE DYING, PEOPLE NEED FOOD & GOVERNMENT IS ORGANIZING COVID-19 APP VIRTUAL CONCERT – John Dumelo

Actor and Politician John Dumelo has described the virtual concert organized by the government to launch the COVID-19 Tracker app as needless.

The NDC Ayawaso West Wuogon MP aspirant  was speaking on Entertainment Capital on Accra100.5FM on Saturday, 18 April 2020. The Ministry of Communication organized the concert on Monday, 13 April 2020

However, Mr Dumelo, who revealed that he was not aware of the virtual concert until he saw comments about it on Twitter, said the resources used to organize the concert could have been used to fight the deadly virus in a more practical way.

He told show host Nana Romeo: “No, it wasn’t [necessary], I mean look, we’re in crisis; the government wants to launch an application to help COVID-19 and they’ve also gone to organize a concert, I mean it’s totally needless. It would have been more helpful if they had even invested that money used to organize the concert to, perhaps, buy more PPE or pay more allowances to the health personnel or used it for something more practical related to the COVID-19 crisis.

“The musicians who performed, it’s their business, they were doing the job they were assigned, so, I don’t blame the musicians, that one it’s not a problem. I just blame the organizers for setting up that concert. I don’t know how much they spent but at the end of the day, what is the point? People are sick, people need food, people need things, people are dying and they say they want to organize a concert to launch an app? What will the app also do? It’s pointless and needless.”

STOP PUTTING PRESSURE ON CELEBRITIES TO DONATE…WE ARE ALSO SUFFERING – Bismark TheJoke

Comic actor Bismark Odio popularly known as Bismark TheJoke has urged his fans and the general public to stop pressurising public figures to donate by all means during these extraordinary times.

Since the coronavirus breakout in Ghana in February, countless celebrities and public figures have donated several items at different parts of the country and there has been pressure from the public on known people who haven’t donated yet to do so. But according to Bismark, not every public figure or celebrity can donate item because they are also suffering.

Speaking during an interview with Ola Michael on Neat FM’s “Entertainment GH”, this morning, Bismark revealed that all is not rosy for some celebrities as people may assume.

“It is not easy for some of us. Several people keep saying celebrities must donate but I am telling you the truth a lot of celebrities are suffering but nobody is speaking for them because they say we are public figures so we don’t even have the chance to say that you are also suffering”.

According to Bismark who is celebrating his birthday today Wednesday April, 15, 2020, the movie industry was already suffering before the outbreak of coronavirus and things are even getting worse now.

He also spoke about how he is coping with the current lockdown situation among other things.

Source: Eugene Osafo-Nkansah/Peacefmonline.com