SAMIRA BAWUMIA LAUNCHES COALITION AGAINST SEXUAL ABUSE

The Second Lady of the Republic, Samira Bawumia, with support from the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Ghana, has launched the “Coalition of People against Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and Harmful Practices” (CoPASH).

The coalition will spearhead a national response on the issues of SGBV/HPs including case management and increasing prevention efforts in Ghana. The mandate of CoPASH is to bring together a group of agencies, organizations and individuals, who are passionate about the rights of women and girls, to advocate better resources for SGBV survivors throughout the nation.

Speaking at the launch of the coalition, Madam Samira indicated that a lot had been done to address the menace. However, she noted that the interventions had been in different directions which did not suffice to bring efficient results.

She said the coalition would therefore bring together people with strong interests in the issues of SGBV in order to learn and harmonize to create a more concerted approach to achieve efficient results.

“The ball has been rolling but a lot of them have also been rolling in different directions. So then we think let’s bring everybody together; let’s have a concerted approach. Let’s involve people; let’s know what people’s interests are . . .”

She noted that the commitment of government appointees and functionaries to the cause of addressing issues of SGBV was the starting point. However, she bemoaned the poor implementation of the laws concerning SGBV in the country.

“We have the regulations but they are not being implemented. It is how we implement them and make them function effectively . . .” she said.

“Those in charge have to make sure that what is supposed to happen happens and we have to make sure that we provide the amenities they need in order to function properly . . .” she added.

The second lady indicated that the coalition was going to undertake a series of projects including rolling out a database management system to keep information of victims such that accessing information would be much easier . . . whiles ensuring confidentiality.

Chief Superintendent Owusuwaa Kyereneh, National Coordinator of DOVVSU in a presentation on “The One Stop Centre, a Must Have” indicated that the one-stop centre would bring all relevant service providers under one roof such that when a victim walks in, all their needs would be met on the premises.

She noted that the DOVVSU one-stop centre has been under construction for the past 10 years and therefore called on the government and other stakeholders to ensure an immediate and successful completion of the building to enhance their work.

Madam Kyeremeh noted that the building when completed would have facilities such as a temporal shelter, private interview rooms, conference centre, adult cells, juvenile cells, court, children play area, cafeteria, among others, which would help prevent re-victimization and ensure efficient service delivery, guaranteed privacy, free medical and counselling services.

She charged the second lady to use her influence to help raise funds for the successful completion of the centre which started almost a decade ago.

“I NEVER DATED JOHN DUMELO” – Joselyn Dumas

Actress Joselyn Dumas has vehemently denied reports making rounds in the media, claiming she dated actor John Dumelo for two years.

According to the reports, Joselyn Dumas has for the first time confessed an alleged affair with Actor/Politician John Dumelo during an interview with Abeiku Santana on ATUU TV Show that airs on UTV.

However, it appears the reports are all false and fabricated. During the said interview which UTV is scheduled to air this Saturday, at 5pm, Joselyn denied ever dating John Dumelo, when Abeiku Santana asked the sultry actress if the two were an item.

“I never dated John Dumelo. I didn’t have a crush on John Dumelo. However, I got fond of him. He became my very good friend. We were friends, he liked me and I also liked him and that was it”.

Asked if she is bothered because her very good friend John has gotten married and she is not married yet, Joselyn said “Oh no! There is nothing wrong with that because he was just a friend”.

Joselyn also added that she was initially not close to John Dumelo until they shot 3 movies together back to back and they became fond of each other.

“I was not close to John Dumelo, so we shot 3 movies back to back and I realized that he is as crazy as I am, so we just became very good friends. He is just a friend”.

UTV and the entire Despite Company apologize to Joselyn Dumas if any of her statements in her interview has been misconstrued or misquoted.

Meanwhile, Joselyn’s full interview with Abeiku Santana on ATUU will be aired on UTV at exactly 5pm tomorrow Saturday, August 11, 2018.

Watch exactly what Joselyn said about John Dumelo in her interview:
Source: NKONKONSA.com 

OHEMAA MERCY TO FLY TEAM TO EUROPE AND AMERICA FOR TEHILLAH EXPERIENCE TOUR

One of Ghana’s most successful Gospel musicians, Mercy Twum-Ampofo, known in the showbiz circles as Ohemaa Mercy for the first time takes her annual Tehillah Experience outside Ghana.

As part of the five years anniversary for the powerful gospel encounter, the minstrel has planned an European and American tour to take Tehillah closer to Ghanaians in the diaspora who have missed it all these years. The ‘Aseda’ hitmaker in her quest to give Christians and fans outside Ghana the very best of the encounter has announced that she will embark on the journey with her team which includes instrumentalists, backing vocalists, and other management members.

Ohemaa Mercy believes leaving the country with her able team will give her fans in abroad the same version of the super-powerful Tehillah Experience she has been organising in Ghana these past years. Together with the team, the minister of the gospel will be in America, Italy, Germany, and other countries to organise Tehillah Experience for the next two months.

First show for Tehillah Experience Europe and America tour after the August 12 event in Ghana happens on August 25 at Brescia in Italy. In America, Ohemaa Mercy will perform at Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, New York, Atlanta, Ohio, Chicago, America, California and other states.

Joe Mettle and other renowned gospel musicians will join the multiple award-winning gospel artists for the Tehillah Experience tour in Europe and America. She adds that Tehillah Experience in Europe and America is free.

I WILL NEVER COLLABORATE WITH A SECULAR ARTISTE – Kwaku Gyasi

Canadian-based Ghanaian gospel musician Kwaku Gyasi, has stated that he will never collaborate with any secular artiste in his music career.

Answering a question on Happy FM’s Showbiz Xtra with Doctar Cann, whether or not, if he would like to collaborate with secular artistes, he stated, “No for that one I will not, but I am not saying it is a sin, however it is a personal decision”.

However, explaining why he would never collaborate with secular artistes, he detailed, “This is because there are two ways and both has it aim, do you understand me? He quizzed.

“If it is a collaborating with secular artistes, honestly speaking I will never do, and that is the truth,” he clarified.

Kwaku Gyasi, who currently resides in Canada, revealed to Happy FM that he will return to Ghana for a gospel show in August this year. He is one of the finest stage performers in the gospel fraternity.

In 200, the talented singer came out with his third album ‘Ayeyi’ which was an instant hit, and won him several award on the local terrain as well as the Ghana Music Award that year.

Source: Happyghana.com

R2BEES SIGN DEAL WITH UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP

Ghanaian music duo, R2Bees have inked a new deal with Universal Music Group.

One half of the group, Pae Dae shared the news on micro blogging site, Twitter writing that the deal means their new album has to “be pushed back a few weeks.”

The group released ‘We Dey Vibe’ off the upcoming album ‘SITE 15‘ in July, promising to release the project in August 2018.

“They [Universal] have made us a very good offer which we think we should take,” explains Ike Otoo Arhin, Manager for the group. ”This is our 10 years anniversary and the album release should be huge. If we release it independently, it would not go as far as we want it. Ghana music has to go further.”

The terms of the deal are however unavailable at the time of writing this report. The duo become the third Ghanaian act to be signed by the world’s biggest music company after Cina Soul and Stonebwoy.

“”I CANNOT DATE A MAN THAT WILL SHOW HIS DICK TO THE WORLD”- Singer Sefa Reveals

Singer Sefa of Black Avenue Muzik fame said nothing would make her date man who can show his manhood to the entire world.

In a recent interview on Class FM, Sefa was asked who her crush in the industry is after she had confessed she is single. The rising singer mentioned Samini and Stonebwoy as two guys she is crushing on so bad.

However, when she was asked what she thinks about going on a date with Ghana’s Dancehall King, Shatta Wale, S3fa revealed that she can never date Shatta Wale. In her own words, Sefa said:

“I cannot date a man that will show his dick for the world”.

A video of Shatta Wale receiving blowjob and showing his manhood was posted on his Snapchat account on June 19, 2018.

The ‘Gringo’ hitmaker, in the video posted on his Snapchat account, was allegedly seen, together with another man, receiving a blowjob from an unidentified lady.

For this single careless act by Shatta Wale, Singer Sefa said she can never date him.

SOME GHANAIAN MEN ARE NOT SERIOUS – MzVee

Ghanaian singer Vera Hamenoo-Kpeda known in the music industry as MzVee has said that some Ghanaian men are not serious.

Speaking on the Morning Zoo on Starr FM, MzVee said the attitude of some Ghanaian men inspired her hit song “Come and See ma Mother.”

The dancehall and RnB artiste noted some men would be dating a lady for more than six years yet they would not go to her home for the knocking ceremony.

According to her, it is only right for the man to take the initiative after that number of years to “knock” the doors of the girl’s mother to ask her daughter’s hand in marriage.

She added that this attitude doesn’t make the men serious, adding if a lady would take a man serious in a relationship he has “to go see the girl’s mother”.

Speaking to host Grandmaster Nii Ayi Tagoe over the weekend, she said: “”If you want to show your seriousness make it official, we girls are fragile.”

PATRICK ALOTEY HEADLINES CABIC BIG FIGHT NIGHT ON AUGUST 11 AT BUKOM BOXING ARENA

Ghana is inching even closer to getting world titles and bringing back the good old days with Cabic Promotions and Management’s new signing Patrick Alotey #thedarlingboyarrow set to defend his WBO Africa Super Welterweight Title as he headlines the CABIC BIG FIGHT NIGHT on 11th August 2018 at the Bukom Boxing Arena.

As the main bout, PATRICK ALOTEY, #darlingboyarrow from GHANA, the defending champion of the WBO Africa Super Welterweight Champion will face-off with the challenger, BADRU LUSAMBYA from UGANDA. It will be a spectacular pound-for-pound battle to behold with Ghana hopeful of keeping the title since the smooth and hard punching champion himself, the #darlingboyarrow is in charge and firmly in control.

Ghana will fly the flag high with two other WBO title fights against Kenya and Nigeria and three other undercard fights; all on the same night. CABIC Promotions and Management, the event promoters are the new big boys in Ghana Boxing with affiliations across the world. In an interview with the CEO, Mr. Ivan Bruce Cudjoe who doubles as the CEO for Travel Matters Travel and Tours, he gave full assurances that all three African titles will be won and retained in Ghana.

He further stated that the ultimate for him and his team is the need to grab a World Title Belt as soon as possible to make Ghanaian boxing lovers happy once again. Mr. Ellis Quays also an engineer and director at CABIC Promotions promised an exciting boxing showdown and thus appealed to boxing lovers and Ghanaians in general to come in their numbers on 11th August 2018 to cheer on the boxers to victory.

The full package for the fight with exciting performances and ticket packages as well as date of arrival for the international boxers shall all be announced at the official launching day set for next week.

It’s A Boy: SONNIE BADU & WIFE WELCOME THEIR THIRD CHILD

Ghanaian UK based Gospel musician, Dr. Sonnie Badu has welcomed a bouncing baby boy with his wife, Ann-Marie Badu.

The couple who got married on August 23, 2014, welcomed their third baby in London on Saturday July 7, 2018.

The elated new father in town took to his Instagram page to share a wonderful testimony:

“And God just granted me my ticket to the next generation. Today, a king is born, the one I have been working so hard for. What can I say? To Mrs Badu, thank you so much and you know love you loads. These past 9 months has not been a joke but in all things, what shall I render unto my Lord … I am truly grateful … What a date: 07/07: He’s Definitely here to finish what daddy has started … I love you Son”.

Source: NKONKONSA.com 

NADIA BUARI DELIVERS 4 KIDS IN 3 YEARS

Actress Nadia Buari has revealed to the astonishment of her fans that, she has given birth to four lovely daughters in 3 years.

The “Checkmate” actress who made the shocking revelation in an Instagram post also revealed the identity of the father of her daughters, to wish him happy fathers day, today Sunday June 17, 2018.

The actress shared a one-minute video footage with a letter to the love of her life and in the letter, she disclosed for the first time that she has four kids with him.

Nadia writes: “dearest… Here comes one of those moments when I find myself reminiscing about the richest and most congenial memories of the past decade of our relationship.

Along this journey came the season of February 2015 when we welcomed our gorgeous set of twin girls.
Then, In February 2017 we were blessed with another beautiful girl.

And then, In January 2018, we were blessed again with our adorable munchkin who made the Grand Entry into this world. 
Honey, from the moment I saw your merry eyes – you have always had an air of geniality which you’ve never lost.

This special day affords me the opportunity to express my heartfelt appreciation for the remarkable man you are, the amazing guide you represent, the selflessness you exhibit beyond measure, and the perfect father you are to our children.

I want you to know that, as I love and appreciate you, so I esteem every moment of our journey for the past 10 years.
My prayer to God today is that He blesses us with many, many more of these decades and continue to keep us worthy. Happy Father’s Day baby!

With all my love,

Nadia!”

Nadia Buari gave birth to a set of female twins in February 2015 in the US but has kept her pregnancy and birth of her other two daughters away from the public. This would be the first time she talking about it publicly.

Watch the video below:

WATCH: Actress @iamnadiabuari has finally revealed the identity of the father of her twin daughters, to wish him #HAPPYFATHERSDAY. ________________________________________________ The actress shared this video footage with a letter to the love of her life and disclosed for the first time that she has 4 kids with him. ________________________________________________ Nadia writes: “dearest… Here comes one of those moments when I find myself reminiscing about the richest and most congenial memories of the past decade of our relationship. Along this journey came the season of February 2015 when we welcomed our gorgeous set of twin girls. Then, In February 2017 we were blessed with another beautiful girl. And then, In January 2018, we were blessed again with our adorable munchkin who made the Grand Entry into this world. Honey, from the moment I saw your merry eyes – you have always had an air of geniality which you’ve never lost. This special day affords me the opportunity to express my heartfelt appreciation for the remarkable man you are, the amazing guide you represent, the selflessness you exhibit beyond measure, and the perfect father you are to our children. I want you to know that, as I love and appreciate you, so I esteem every moment of our journey for the past 10 years. My prayer to God today is that He blesses us with many, many more of these decades and continue to keep us worthy. Happy Father’s Day baby! With all my love, Nadia!” ________________________________________________ #GhanaPaparazzi #AfricaPaparazzi #NkonkonsaCelebVideo #NkonkonsaCelebFamily #Nkonkonsa #Fathersday2018

A post shared by Nkonkonsa.com (@nkonkonsa) on

Source: NKONKONSA.com