Nkonkonsa.com

GHANA CONFIRMS 11 CASES OF CORONAVIRUS INFECTIONS

Ghana Health Service has confirmed two additional cases of coronavirus infections, making it 11 cases in all.

The health ministry announced on Thursday afternoon, March 19, 2020 adding that the two additional victims are in Kumasi.

One of the infected persons is a 59-year-old Ghanaian woman resident in the United Kingdom who recently returned to Ghana and currently living in Kumasi. The other is a 61-year-old Lebanese male trader resident in Kumasi.

On 19 March 2020, we received notification from KCCR indicating two (2) newly confirmed cases in Kumasi in the Ashanti Region.

-The first is a 59-year-old Ghanaian woman, resident in the United Kingdom who recently returned to Ghana and currently living in Kumasi, reported to a private hospital with the history of fever (temp of 39.1oC), general malaise, cough and runny nose. Her condition was suspected to be COVID-19. Sample was subsequently collected and sent to KCCR and the report was received this early morning as positive for COVID-19.

-The second case is a 61-year-old Lebanese male trader and resident in Kumasi. He felt unwell and reported to a health facility with fever (temp 39.4oC), and cough. The sample tested positive for COVID-19.

-Both case patients are being managed in isolation and responding to treatment.

So far the confirmed cases in Ghana are from Turkey, Norway, Germany, France, United States of America, United Kingdom (UK) and United Arab Emirates (UAE).

With regards to contact tracing, a total of 399 contacts have been identified and are being followed up. Nineteen (19) of the contacts developed some forms of symptoms and samples were taken for laboratory testing.

We have received laboratory results for 15 of them which are all negative for COVID-19 and we are awaiting results for the four (4) others. Contact identification and tracking for the newly confirmed cases have just started.

Source:

STONEBWOY TO ISOLATE HIMSELF WHEN HE RETURNS HOME TO PROTECT HIS FAMILY

Ghana’s BET award-winning Dancehall artiste Stonebwoy said he will voluntarily isolate himself from his family for 14days when return home from America.

In order to provide safety for his beloved family, multiple award-winning Ghanaian afro-dancehall musician Stonebwoy has decided to distance himself from his family and be in isolation for 14-days when he returns from the United States.

The “Top Skanker” crooner who is currently in America after cancelling his tour following the coronavirus outbreak has said he will put his family’s safety first when he arrives in Ghana.

“It is good to take precautions just to make sure everybody is safe,” he said on Hit FM.

“I’ll go to the countryside…It will be like a vacation for me, now the coronavirus is everywhere so no one is running…From observation, it’s a big problem in the world but life has to go on.”

The United States has so far recorded 6,524 cases with death toll passing 100. All the 50 states in the US have recorded cases of coronavirus.

This has prompted the singer to isolate himself to examine his status before coming close to his family. Stonebwoy believes that the safety of his family is paramount to him and cannot afford to take chances judging from how

GOVERNMENT WILL NOT PAY ANY CELEBRITY TO BE CORONAVIRUS AMBASSADOR – Minister of Information

The Minister of Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has denied claims that government is going to pay celebrities to become covid-19 ambassadors.

According to him, even though they are seeking to work with people who are influential on social media to help disseminate information on the pandemic, the intention is not to employ and pay them.

“Government doesn’t intend to pay any celebrity to go out there to become ambassadors for COVID-19. I mentioned in our meeting with the GJA, NMC etc. that we were also thinking of having persons with large following share our messages,” he said.

Ghana has recored 9 positive cases of the novel coronavirus so far.

Whilst the President Nana Akuffo-Addo has placed an embargo on all public gatherings including funerals, festivals and church activities as part of measures to stop the spread of novel coronavirus across the country, some celebrities have also stepped up to help by sharing safety measures with their followers on social media.

PRESIDENT AKUFO-ADDO’S LEADERSHIP IS SHAMBOLIC – John Dumelo

Actor John Dumelo is still doing active political campaign amidst the COVID-19 outbreak and he has rated sitting President, Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo-Addo’s leadership as “shambolic” so far.

Dumelo who is currently aspiring to become NDC’s parliamentary candidate for Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency in the upcoming 2020 polls, in a current interview said Nana Akufo-Addo’s governance is more talk and less achievement especially when is comes the area of infrastructure.

“The work he has done so far; I think it is just a bit shambolic.  The truth of the matter is that they borrow too much and yet there is nothing to show”.

John added that President Akufo-Addo and his government have done very little when it comes infrastructure as compared to what former President John Mahama did.

“What former President John Mahama did was infrastructure. When you are walking in town, you can confidently say John Mahama did this, did this and did that. But the truth of the matter is that we are sitting on money but we are still hungry and people don’t have money in their pockets”.

Asked what he would do for the creative arts industry if he goes to parliament, John said “As a whole, doing something for the industry might take certain steps or might take sometime but if you are vocal on the floor of parliament and you are championing the course of the plight of the people, then you see that you are doing thing and putting pressure on the government. So for me getting into parliament, every single day I will be championing the course of my creative industry people so that things will get better”.

John also spoke about his “One student, one scholarship” policy among other things.

Watch the full interview below:

Source: Eugene Osafo-Nkansah/Peacefmonline.com 

CORONAVIRUS IS NOT OUR FAULT, GIVE US FREE LIGHT TO STAY HOME – Efia Odo To President Akufo-Addo

Efia Odo is asking for free electricity supply in order to make it easier for people to comply, in the wake of the president banning public gatherings.

President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo during his second address to the nation after 6 coronavirus cases were reported in Ghana, said: “all public gatherings including conferences, workshops, funerals, festivals, political rallies, sporting events and religious activities, such as services in churches and mosques, have been suspended for the next four weeks”.

Reacting to Nana Addo’s order and social distancing advice, Efia Odo took to social media to say that “at this point, all lights and utilities should be free! It’s not our fault this virus is in Ghana. Causing us to even be sacred to go on about our business. Staying home means more consumption of electricity! Mr President, please give us free.”

The actress who relocated from the U.S to Ghana via another tweet expressed her frustration of being in Ghana at this particular time after her lights were taking off after her first tweet. “So at this serious times, they’ve turned off the lights. Chaley me sef I kno no why I lef America” she wrote.

Read her tweets below:

“IT IS A SIN TO FEAR…CORONAVIRUS IS NOT OUR PORTION” – Actress Martha Ankomah Tells Christians

To counter the fear and panic among Ghanaians due to the coronavirus outbreak, Martha Ankomah is bringing hope to the people with the word of the Lord.

Ghana has recorded 6 cases of the deadly Covid-19 pandemic and that has heightened tensions among its citizens as the president has also ordered the shutdown of schools and suspended public gatherings including church services, as a preventive measure to avoid the spread of the disease.

However, according to Ghanaian actress, as Christians, it is a sin to have any form of fear amidst this outbreak.

“I know there is so much fear in the system because of Coronavirus. We are Christians and as Children of God, we are not made with the spirit of fear. The bible says it’s a sin to fear,” she said in a video shared after church.

Nevertheless, Martha Ankomah added Ghanaians must, however, adhere to the precautionary measures against the pandemic, such as the frequent washing of hands.

“Coronavirus is not our portion, we are more than conquerors,” she concluded her message.

2020 KWAHU EASTER FESTIVAL CANCELLED!

The Kwahu Traditional Council have officially called off all activities and social gathering in and around Kwahu in the Eastern region.

To adhere the President Akufo-Addo’s directive to ban all church related activities, mosques prayers and all other public gatherings, the chiefs of Kwahu have called off all festivals and public events which includes the popular and much patronized Kwahu Easter festival and all activities that comes with it.

An official press released by the Kwahu Traditional Council, under the Ministry of Culture and Religious Affairs dated March 16, 2020, states that the directive is due to the fast spreading coronavirus and the ban takes effect immediately till further notice.

The statement further said appointments and visits to various palaces in Kwahu has also been cancelled unless “they are extremely necessary.”

“All public engagements by Nananom within the Kwahu Traditional Council are canceled. Akwasidae should be celebrated with minimal contacts and restricted to indoor traditional ceremonies,” the statement indicated.

Amongst the role out measures issued, the chiefs and people of Kwahuman are to desist from travelling and suspend one-week observation of the deceased.

Read the full statement below:

MEMPHIS IN MAY INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL TO HONOUR GHANA IN AMERICA

The city of Memphis and the Memphis in May International Festival have selected the Republic of Ghana as the country to salute at the 2020 Memphis in May International Festival.

The organizers of the festival together with the Embassy of Ghana in the US and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integrations, have assembled a comprehensive month-long celebration curated to honour Ghana in the areas of arts, culture, education, entertainment, food, and our people.

Although Ghana is not the first African country to be celebrated, this celebration reinforces Ghana’s democratic credentials, economic gains, peace and stability and its outstanding diplomatic profile.

This year’s festival is designed to break cultural barriers, foster a long-lasting relationship between the people of Memphis and the people of Ghana, boost trade and economic relations and open Ghana’s two borders to cultural and educational exchanges.

The program kicks off with its largest musical event, the Beale Street Music Festival, from May 1 – 3, 2020, where Ghana’s award-winning musicians; Sarkodie and Stonebwoy will be performing to a crowd of over 107,000 people alongside celebrated American artists like Lil Wayne, Nelly, Three 6 Mafia and many more.

In collaboration with the National Theatre of Ghana, Signature Ghanaian cultural performances and plays will be held at the renowned Orpheum Theatre. The performances will attract an estimated number of 6,300 people.

A major performance by a renowned Ghanaian Highlife artist also at the Orpheum Theatre. The festival will screen five Ghanaian films in a series dubbed Ghana Indie Memphis in various cinemas across the city.

Two Ghanaians from the Ghana Barbecue Association will participate on the world stage at the World Champion Barbecue Cooking Contest.

For the entire year of 2020, Memphis students from kindergarten to high school will be learning about Ghana using a 70-page curriculum focusing solely on the country.

Student Exchange programs will send 11 students from Memphis to Ghana and 10 students from Ghana to Memphis.

The Artist Alliance Gallery in Memphis will showcase an exhibition of a selection of contemporary Ghanaian artworks.

The Memphis National Ornamental Metal Museum will feature Beautiful Metal Works of Ghana, adornments and wearables.

Ongoing World Cargo Crate; an activity designed to teach young students about the differences and similarities between the people and culture of the U.S. and Ghana.

The Great American River Run will feature a lead runner from Ghana participating in a half marathon at the closing of the festival.

A group of 45 civic leaders, the Shelby County Mayor, elected officials and corporate CEOs are scheduled to visit Ghana to have a greater understanding of the country and draw attention to the festival.

Another high point of the program will be a major cultural event depicting Ghana’s rich traditions.

The honour bestowed on Ghana by the city of Memphis and Memphis in May Festival is a grand one and the Ambassador calls on all Ghanaians both at home and in the United States to support and attend this festival in their numbers and in style.

About Memphis in May

Over 30 years ago, the Memphis Area Chamber of Commerce established a festival to serve as an umbrella for all the many events hosted in the month of May in Memphis, Tennessee. Over the years, Memphis in May has grown from a $52,000 dollar to an 8 million dollar non-profit organization and is currently one of America’s leading festivals.

BIG MEN CALL ME FOR BUSINESS MEETING & THEY WANT TO CHOP ME – Wendy Shay Reveals

Wendy Shay is not happy about how some big men call her for business meetings but end up proposing love to her.

Addressing the matter in a Facebook Live video, she said she does not need marriage from those men, the only thing she needs in money.

“Sometimes you’ll be there and some big man will call and say I have this business plan so come and let’s talk. I’ll dress and go there in anticipation of listening to business plans that can make me money. And then they’ll be talking about marriage… why? Who said I want to marry,” she said.

“But this same big man will call male artistes and give them expensive cars and watches without demanding for sex from them” Wendy Shay added.

JOHN DUMELO PROMISES ‘ONE STUDENT, ONE SCHOLARSHIP’

Affable Ghanaian actor and Politician, John Dumelo has revealed one of his major plans for his constituents, if he is voted as member of parliament.

The “Baby Thief” actor in an exclusive interview with Ola Michael on Neat FM’s Entertainment GH, said he will give scholarships to brilliant but needy students within his constituency If voted into power.

The Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC Parliamentary candidate stated that his educational policy for his people is ‘One Student One Scholarship’.   

He explained that he will make sure every student in his constituency has access to quality education as far as he is member of parliament for the area.

Asked how he will finance his ‘One Student One Scholarship’ policythe hopeful and optimistic John Dumelo stated that he piloted this policy way back in 2012 so it won’t be difficult for him to deliver his promise adding that he has being financing scholarships for students since 2012 with money from his John Dumelo foundation.

John Dumelo emphasized that education, sanitation and security are his top priority for him as an aspiring Member of Parliament.

Source: Eugene Osafo-Nkansah/Peacefmonline.com