Nkonkonsa.com

BECCA DELETES ALL NAM1 & ZYLOFON PHOTOS FROM HER INSTAGRAM PAGE

Zylofon Media artiste, Becca, has deleted all photos of the record label as well as Nana Appiah Mensah from her Instagram page.

The singer was one of the first stars to have signed a deal with Zylofon Music after the record label was established.

Becca also played a key part in the PR aspect of NAM 1’s businesses and travelled together with her boss to the BET awards last year.

However, with NAM 1 currently in hot waters, it appears the “You lied to me” hitmaker is beginning to detach herself. Our checks on her social media pages prove she has taken down any photo that has something to do with either NAM 1 or Zylofon.

The only photos left are that from her 10th year in the music anniversary celebration. Meanwhile, a warrant has been issued for the arrest of NAM 1, who is also the CEO of Menzgold Ghana Limited.

This follows months of agitation from aggrieved customers of the gold dealership firm whose investments remain locked up. Menzgold has been in the news in recent months following disagreements with the Bank of Ghana (BoG) regarding its operations.

Source: Yen.com

EBONY REIGNS’ ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY POSTPONED  

February 8, 2019 will be exactly a year since the tragic demise of sensational Singer, Priscilla Opoku Agyeman popularly known as Ebony Reigns.

As custom demands for a one year anniversary of the dead, family and friends are expected to gather at a solemn ceremony to celebrate the life of their departed and visit the grave, but the late Ebony Reign’s one-year anniversary will not be celebrated on the original date according to her father.

Mr. Opoku Kwarteng, father of the late Singer has disclosed that Ebony’s one-year anniversary will not be marked on February 8, 2019 as expected.

Speaking in an interview with Abeiku Aggrey ‘Santana’, Mr. Opoku Kwarteng said the family has agreed to shift it to March but are yet to decide on a particular date.

“It was supposed be next month but I have shifted it to March, so we have about two more months to go. I haven’t fixed the exact date yet but it will definitely be in March. We are working on that collectively, its not just me. Her mother is in Ghana as I speak so we are yet to decide,” he disclosed.

Mr. Kwarteng has released a new single recorded by his late daughter titled ‘Be Your Driver’ under his record label Kwarbony Records, and according to him another single will be released before Ebony’s one-year anniversary celebration.

Ebony Reigns died in a gruesome road accident that occurred on Thursday February 8, 2018 on the Sunyani-Kumasi road.

The 20-year-old singer and three other persons were on board a Jeep with registration number AS 497-16, travelling from Sunyani to Kumasi when a head-on collision with a VIP bus heading towards Sunyani from Kumasi occurred.

The driver of the vehicle escaped death, however, two other occupants — a military officer identified as Francis Atsu Vondee and a lady identified only as Frankie Kury died.

Source: Eugene Osafo-Nkansah/Peacefmonline.com 

STARBOY KWARTENG SET TO RELEASE EBONY’S SONGS ON KWARBONY RECORDS

The controversial father of the late Ebony Reigns, Mr. Opoku Kwarteng (Starboy Kwarteng), has said on the 2019 maiden edition of Zylofon’s Showbiz Agenda that songs yet to be released by him would be released under his record label KWARBONY Records.

The already released “Be Your Driver” was released under the label, Mr. Kwarteng said.

Mr Kwarteng, however, stated that the label is not yet official and was ready to be the CEO of the record label should he receive the backing of the masses. He also promised to come back when the record is official and also make known whether other arts would be signed or not .

According to Mr. Kwarteng who had threw some slight jabs at Bullet in all his interviews, again said he was still to receive the songs her late daughter wrote numbering about 25, according to Bullet himself. He, meanwhile, noted that the “Be your Driver” and other songs numbering about 12 or more were given to him by Katkis, Tom Beats and one other guy.

Starboy, who confirmed on the show that he’s accepted the name Starboy bestowed on him by the media, revealed that he’s not received any money in terms of royalties as yet per the contract ebony had with Bullet.

He also revealed that he’s written to the the management of Korle Bu to adopt a ward at the accident center in memory of the Queen, Ebony, and also launch a foundation in her honour.

Ebony’s father, however, ruled out the chance of collaborating with Bullet in trying to immortalise Ebony’s Legacy like Martin Luther as Bullet announced the replacement of the Ebony when he was receiving Ebony’s Awards at the 2018 VGMA.

photos: D’BANJ MEETS PRESIDENT AKUFO-ADDOO & OTHERS IN GHANA

Nigerian Singer Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo, known by his stage name as D’banj, has paid a courtesy call on His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, President of the Republic of Ghana, as part of his visit to the country.

The musician revealed the meeting with the first gentleman of the land was centered on issues pertaining to the arts and entertainment industry.

D’banj shared photos of him with the President in his office at the Jubilee House in Accra on his Instagram page on Monday, January 7, as the country marked its debut Constitution Day celebration.

The BET Award-winning artiste expressed his excitement about having a met with the President stating that it was a great opportunity for both parties to discuss and devise a way to “take the creative industry to the next level” from 2019 this year.

“It was an amazing meeting with the president of Ghana,” he says. “Can’t wait to share with you all what’s coming. Content is the New Crude.”

Apart from having a private meeting with the president of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo, he also met the President’s Secretary – Nana Asante Bediatuo, Hollywood actor Boris Kodjoe, British Supermodel Naomi Cambell, Ghanaian Real Estate mogul Nana Kwame Bediako, Fashion Designer Ozwald Boateng  Miss Universe Ghana 2017 Ruth Quashie among others.

See more photos below:

Source: NKONKONSA.com 

 

 

 

 

VODAFONE GHANA MUSIC AWARDS 2019 OFFICIALLY OPENS NOMINATIONS

Organizers of the prestigious Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) has unleashed a press statement to notify it’s cherished audience of the opening of nominations for the 20th edition of the awards scheme.

A Press statement signed by the PRO for the VGMA, George Quaye, indicates that Interested stakeholders are to pick up nomination forms from the offices of Charterhouse Productions Limited, partner radio and TV stations or download from www.ghanamusicawards.com.

Forms can also be filled and submitted online at www.entry.ghanamusicawards.com.

READ FULL STATEMENT BELOW:

VODAFONE GHANA MUSIC AWARDS OPENS NOMINATIONS FOR SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Happy New Year to you and yours from Charterhouse Productions Limited, organizers of the annual Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Festival.

On behalf of the Board, headline Sponsor, Vodafone and other partners, we are honoured to inform musicians, music industry practitioners and members of the general public that nominations for the special 20th-anniversary edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards are officially open.

The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, since its inception in 2000 has grown to become the biggest event on the Ghanaian Entertainment Calendar, designed among other things, to recognize and celebrate the hard work and dedication of the various players in Ghana’s music industry.

Interested stakeholders are by this release encouraged to pick up nomination forms from the offices of Charterhouse Productions Limited, partner radio and TV stations or download from www.ghanamusicawards.com.

Forms can also be filled and submitted online at www.entry.ghanamusicawards.com.

Completed hand-filled forms with copies of music works and promotional images should all be submitted to the offices of Charterhouse Productions Limited located at B824/10 Feo Eyeo Street, Industrial Area Accra, near TV Africa, not later than 31st January 2018 when all nominations officially close.

Soft copies of works and images can also be sent via mail to entry@ghanamusicawards.com.

Please note that only works released between 1st January 2018 – 31st December 2018 can be entered.

The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Festival is a Charterhouse Productions event proudly sponsored by Vodafone.

Terms and conditions apply.

OFORI AMPONSAH TURNS PROPHET

According to Mr All 4 Real, Prophets are not only those who stand behind the pulpit but musicians are Prophets too and they communicate their prophecies through music.

Using himself as an example, Ofori Amponsah in a video sighted by Pulseghana.com.gh says that somewhere around 2007, through a song, he prophesied about America and Russia going to war in 2020 he feels his prophecy is coming true.

Ofori Amponsah made a U-turn from the pulpit last year as he said he wasn’t called to be a Prophet after he shunned music for some time to be actively involved in evangelism.

His surprising return to do secular music has attracted a myriad of backlash from fans but the musician in this video says none of that will stop him from delivering prophetic messages from God.

Watch the video below and tell us what you think:

ZYLOFON MUSIC IS IN FINANCIAL CRISIS – PRO Admits

The Public Relations Officer (PRO) of Zylofon Music, Arnold Asamoah Baidoo has disclosed that the record label is currently facing challenges. Speaking on Peace FM’s Entertainment Review on Saturday, he noted that there has been a lull in the record label’s activities due to a financial crisis.

In his explanation, Arnold said the challenges are as a result of the current problems the parent company, Menzgold, is in.

“As we all know Menzgold has been facing some challenges in recent times and it is expected that as a sister company to Zylofon Music, the record label would encounter crisis too,” he stated.

This comes on the back of rumours that the company has asked some of its managers to resign and that some of its artistes were about to exit the record label.

Even though Gospel musician, Joyce Blessing, has refuted claims that she has left Zylofon Music record label, Arnold also stated on Peace FM that it is possible some of the artistes may bail out on the company in the midst of the crisis.

“As we speak, Joyce Blessing is part of the record label. No artiste has left but the possibility of they leaving in times like this is imminent,” he added.

At the moment some of the artistes are relying on their own means to promote their projects and craft.

Joyce Blessing is currently promoting her new single, Repent, which unlike previously, bears no signature of Zylofon Music.

Zylofon Music stepped into Ghana’s entertainment industry in 2017 when they signed Highlife musician, Kumi Guitar. They later brought on artistes like Stonebwoy, Joyce Blessing, Becca, Obibini and Shatta Wale.

Founded by Nana Appiah Mensah, who also owns Menzgold, the Zylofon Media conglomerate has under its umbrella other companies like the Zylofon Arts Club, Zylofon Arts Fund, Zylofon Movies, Zylofon Cash, Zylofon FM and Zylofon TV.

At present, Menzgold Ghana Limited, a gold trading firm has been ordered by the Securities and Exchange Commission to suspend its operations. According to SEC, Menzgold does not have the license to trade in gold collectibles from the public.

SOCCER STAR MUBARAK WAKASO IN TROUBLE!

Ghanaian soccer star Mubarak Wakaso is in deep waters right now, as a Paris based Model has threatened to expose him.

According the story which was first reported by Instagram gossip page @realhotgossip, the model is demanding a public apology from the soccer star, “for all the bad things you make her do” or she will expose him.

The report didn’t mention the lady’s name and it didn’t statement exactly what Wakaso did to the sexy lady but she has reportedly threatened to reveal every single detail of what happened between them if he refuses to render a public apology to her.

This is how @realhotgossip reported it:

“Please ooo! Obi nka nkyere Wakaso s3 Obaa na wo di no wo Paris no alarm blow. Wakaso this lady said you should come and apologize to her for all the bad things you make her do or she will expose you to your wife and kids and the whole world. Anybody who know Wakaso go and tell him this lady is ready to destroy his career and his life because he can’t put your koti in your trousers”.

Mubarak Wakaso is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays for Spanish club Deportivo Alavés as a midfielder. He also plays for Ghana’s male senior national team the Black Stars. He is married with 3 kids.

Check out photos of Wakaso and his family:

Keep reading for more

Source: NKONKONSA.com 

 

YOU CAN’T TELL ME HOW I SHOULD LIVE MY LIFE AS A LAWYER – Sandra Ankobiah Blast Critics

Actress and Lawyer Sandra Ankobiah has gone hard on her critics for trying tell her how to live her life as a Lawyer.

Sandra seems tired of those who think they have moral rights to dictate to her how she should behave on Social media, how she should dress and even how she should walk and she’s not having any of it anymore.

If not for the existence of evidence that she’s a lawyer who has been called to the bar, most people do not see her as a lawyer mainly because of how she loves to live her life.

In an Instagram post she made on new year’s eve, she asked her critics to allow her to live her life how she places because she has the rights to.

In the full post on IG, she wrote:

“I’m a lawyer by profession, a businesswoman, entrepreneur, and a host of other things by occupation. I’ve got diverse passions and hobbies. All these add up to make me Sandra Ankobiah. I will live the life that I love, Re: my best f*****g life.

I will not be caged by anybody. This is 2019, the 21st century, I’ll be whatever tf I want. If I want to be a lawyer, an architect, a plumber, a fashionista, a world traveler, a poet, a dancer, etc, I’ll be all of those things. Gtfoh with your opinions about how I should act as a lawyer. When you get a first degree in law, a masters in law, and you’re called to the Bar, (like I have), you can act how you think lawyers should act.

But as for me Sandra Ankobiah, I will continue to live my best f*****g life. The fact that you see me dress nicely etc, doesn’t take away the fact that I’m damn good at what I do, and any other thing/s I set my mind to.

I can do my job/s and at the same time rock an amazing outfit and go wherever I want or travel to any destination I want. I’m doing me, pls do you. Happy new year. May 2019 be good to us all”.

Source: Nkonkonsa.com 

ACTOR JOHN DUMELO TO CONTEST FOR PARLIAMENTARY SEAT

It’s now official! Ghanaian actor, John Dumelo, is set to contest the parliamentary primaries of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) to enable him to vie for the Ayawaso West Wuogon seat on the ticket of the party.

According to the party, five persons including the Ghanaian actor and the 2016 parliamentary candidate for the constituency, Delali Kwasi Brempong, have picked up nomination forms to contest in the by-election.

Speaking to Citi News’ Fred Djabanor, the Chairman of the National Democratic Congress [NDC] in the Ayawaso Constituency, Bismarck Aborbi Aryeetey, confirmed the report, adding that the party will work hard to win the seat.

The cost of nominations forms and filing fees is GH¢1,000 and GH¢10,000 respectively, with a 50 per cent discount on the filing fees for women and persons with disability.

The deadline for filing of nomination forms is Friday, December 21, 2018, whereas vetting will come off on Saturday, December 22, 2018. The NDC primary is expected to come off on Friday, 28 December 2018.

John Dumelo has for the past years been a strong supporter and member of the National Democratic Congress and has publicly shown this in his activities on campaign platforms and social media.

The by-election has been necessitated by the death of the NPP MP, Emmanuel Kyeremanten Agyarko.

Emmanuel Agyarko passed away on Wednesday, November 21 in the United States where he was flown to by his family for medical care.